Coconut Oil Hair Treatment
When I think back to my hair’s happier days, there was one key ingredient that made a world of difference. It is the oil that inspired this blog and my passion for hair and skin care.
Coconut oil is the one oil that remains in my beauty pantry at all times.
I did my first coconut oil hair treatment in the summer of 2014. Within three months my hair grew to its longest length. It was incredibly soft and I experienced very little breakage.
Why I ever strayed away from this treatment is beyond me. I suppose I’m one of those product junkies that always on the lookout for the next big hair miracle.
Last year I had a set back in growth. My ends were severely split and damaged. The only remedy was to cut the length I gained in 2014. Now that I have recovered, I am ready to grow again.
They say that you don’t know what you have until its gone. Since me and my coconut oil hair treatment have been like two ships passing in the night, my hair misses the strength, shine and luster.
Along with my other natural hair growth aids, I will settle in again with my coconut oil hair treatment.
It’s very simple to do. However, real results require consistency.
Coconut Oil Hair Treatment Recipe
- Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (1 to 2 Tablespoons)… really as much as you’d like depending on the length of your hair
- Your favorite moisturizing deep conditioner ( I love the Sally’s GVP Moisturizing Conditioner that is comparable to Nexxus Humectress Moist Conditioner)
- Mix together in a plastic or glass bowl
Coconut Oil Hair Treatment Application
- Apply treatment to the full length of your hair
- Cover hair with a plastic shower cap or deep conditioning cap
- Allow hair to deep condition for 30 to 45 minutes (I usually leave the treatment in my hair for a couple of hours while I clean or cook)
- Rinse thoroughly
Use this treatment to deep condition your hair 1 to 2 times each week and that’s it! Remember the consistency factor! 🙂
After the first month you should definitely be able to tell a difference in the health of your hair. This coconut oil hair treatment was most effective for my hair when using twice each week.
It’s a simple extra step that will make an enormous difference if you suffer from dry and/or damaged hair. If your hair is already healthy, this deep conditioning treatment will take it to the next level.
How to apply your coconut oil hair treatment?
- Apply coconut oil to dry hair before going to bed.
- Cover hair with a plastic cap or two…to condition the hair and prevent coconut oil from dripping on your pillow
- In the morning shampoo and condition your hair as normal
Coconut oil benefits the hair and scalp in many ways. Coconut oil is great for preventing split ends. If you suffer from dandruff or dry scalp, you should see a difference in the condition of your scalp as well!
If I have not yet convinced you to love coconut oil the way I do, there are other oils that make for wonderful hair treatments and masks.
Sweet almond oil, avocado oil and extra virgin olive oil are full of nutrients and fatty acids that strengthen and protects the hair from future damage. The icing on the cake is that all of these oils are affordable and cost-effective.
Give this coconut oil hair treatment a go and make your hair smile!
Was this post helpful? Give us a tweet!
Coconut Oil | Flower Waters | Carrier and Essential Oils for Hair and Skin